Monday, March 14, 2011

i keep trying to write, trying to plan, trying to fix myself. i can't post when i feel like such a miserable failure. my mouth has been in pain for days, my tong is so sensitive, no doubt from all the stomach acid passing it daily. for the first time i've had people ask me what that awkward bruise thing on the back of my hand is, the one from me biting my hand while i purge, i guess it's getting bigger. i keep eating binging. stuffing my face with foods i don't even like, foods i cringe while i eat because no matter how much i stuff myself i get no satisfaction. i just keep pushing more in, hoping to feel something, maybe something more than disgust for myself one day. but not now, while i keep failing, at everything. i can't get anything right. i can't stop eating, & i can't purge as much anymore. i'm just constantly exhausted, drained, no doubt from my awful diet. downing batches of pancakes, boxes of cereal & bags of milk. exceeding the amount of food one person should ever have inside of them, then tripling it. until i'm bent over because it hurts. my chest feels like it's going to collapse, because there's too much un-chewed going down my thought at once, i fall over & wonder if i'll die, suffocating myself with food. moments later it passes, & i shove the rest right in. mother goes out for the day, & i wonder if i'll live to see her come home. most of the time i think the only reason i do is because once in awhile i have to brake to take my dog out for a second.

i do the grocery shopping in my house.
i control the food that comes in.
i am safe that way.
i eat yummy strawberries, that don't make me sick.

i get into a fight with mother.
she goes grocery shopping because she knows it ticks me off.
i come home, there's bread on the counter, peanut butter in the cupboard, a million other crap processed pieces of junk, & another bag, so now four bags of frozen corn in the freezer because mother never knows what we're out of & for some reason always thinks we need frozen corn even though no one eats it.
i scream & cry. have a complete anxiety attack.
throw the bread against the from door, smash boxes of cereal & crackers.
cry in my bead for six hours because there's four bags of corn in the freezer.
mother comes home somewhere in the evening while i'm asleep, leaves again.
over the next few days i eat amounts of food meant to sustain families of four for weeks.
it's all in me.

i wish i could stop.

4 comments:

  1. Even though I can't completely relate to your current battles with food, I hear the pain in the undertones -- the near depression and lifelessness and fatigue -- and I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm struggling with most of the problems you're facing, perhaps my eating habits are not as extreme though..but I am all too familiar with that search for fulfillment through food, and I come up empty handed each time. And I hate myself, and I want to die but, besides that, I feel like I'm going to die even if it was against my will because any amount of food when I'm not hungry is a complete failure and waste and heart-wrenching disappointment. Just a few hours ago, I couldn't fall asleep, and I wasn't hungry at all (actually really sickened by the thought of food because I felt full), but I went out and got fries and a ginger ale anyways, and I felt exactly like you feel, I think. I didn't want to eat it, but I felt I should because...well idk why..because it was in front of me? because I had nothing better to do? because it tastes good, so it should taste good even when I feel full? because it'll comfort me for .3 seconds? I don't understand why I do it, but I hope you can work on what you're going through and gain stability. After cutting for the past few months and attempting suicide, my mom now sees I need help, and she seems to be on board to helping me out and supporting me, even though I need to drop out of school and basically revert back to being a child, having everyone take care of me. I'm scared for so many reasons, but I finally have the support I never received from my mom, and I feel like I need to meet her half-way (or at least try) and reach out to her extended arm so we can get past my emotional problems. I wish that you'll receive the same kind of support from somewhere because, even if it doesn't help to make you better, it will give you faith, I think (at least that's what I'm hoping for). And to clarify: this is not a pro-recovery comment! I just think that if you can figure out your emotions and your relationship with food, it will actually positively renforce your habits and patterns and make you a better ana. I wish for you to feel better about yourself because I care for you. I know it sounds hypocritical, coming from a person who hates herself, but it hurts me to see others feeling the same way I feel because I know how detrimental it is to all aspects of my life. Please stay strong, try to find things that make you happy (besides food and lack of it) if it's at all possible and just keep us updated so at least we can give you the support absent from your family life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have given you an award hun! i love reading your blog! you are amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's silly of me to say, because I know you already know, but be careful about the amount of food you eat when you're bingeing...the chance of stomach rupture from too much food is actually just as dangerous as purging :/

    anyway strawberries are delicious and i hope you feel better. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Page, please be okay! Remember that you are safe with those strawberries. Remember that you aren't failing everything, because honestly, your blog is my biggest inspiration to take control back from the food that constantly threatens to overwhelm me. You aren't failing at being a courageous and gorgeous inspiration to lost people like me.

    You are so strong and have been through enough to warrant being called that. You keep me strong. I know you can find control again. Just look at the strawberries and remember that you consume them and they--and all the other food--can't consume you.

    ReplyDelete

comments?