now on to the life.
so in a moment of upset weakness, i told my friend that i'm bulimic.
& i've regreted it a thousand times over since.
i have this little problem, with admitting i'm bulimic. before when i didn't eat, well it's a lot easier to pass off as i'm not feeling well or i'm just not hungry than it is when [TMI] it's literally right in front of you.
i can't always see the lack of food quickly, & i can easier pretend i didn't feed my food to the dog than i can pretend i'm not dumping a bucket of vomit down the toilet, you know?
i had been wanting to write about how i'm afraid i'm a "wannarexic" since even though i don't have a steady weight or maintain, i never seem to continue to loose. it's harder to ignore & claim i don't have a problem when food comes up & out of me & i watch it go down the drain.
well .. every day except the odd time ..
like earlier this evening.
i binged on a few days worth of food; <4500 calories.
i ate dinner. & the two dinners worth of left overs.
& an entire (start to finish) container of cream cheese, on three white bagels with margarine too.
plus a third of a jar of peanut butter. straight peanut butter, have you ever heard of something more disgusting?
& i couldn't purge.
like anything.
it hurts so much, even now hours later. it still feels like my ribs are being pushed on so hard to make enough room for my stretched out stomach. oh gosh it just hurts.
anyways - stuff like this, painfull stuff like this, is why i told a friend.
not lucy or anyone super-close, but a really good friend. one that i share more than half my classes with & we spend lunch together, but i never eat around her afterschool or anything so she won't be stairing at me while i eat or go to the washroom.
not that i expected her to understand what i'm going through or anything, but i also know she wouldn't go off running to tell someone.
turns out she has a very small understanding of eating disorders. i mean we've all got a leg up on this stuff i guess, but i mean she barely understood what it meant.
-i'm gong to vent & ramble off here so feel free to skim down.-
some things that've pissed me off?
1. a couple days later, i hadn't eaten anything all day, (like normal,) then i had binged & purged, got upset, & txted her. my stomach was going wild since it had just gone from exploding with food to nothing, so i was having a snack. (a yellow pepper, a rice cake with applesauce, & 1/4 cup oatmeal.) that was all i kept down all day. now she is really tiny, & eats very little herself, but when i said that that was my small snack after purging, she responded "that's SMALL?" YES SAN - THAT'S SMALL FOR MY STOMACH WHEN THAT'S ALL I'VE EATEN & CAN WE NOT INSULT THE BULIMICS REAL EATING CHOICES? i was so upset & i never responded. i mean she was right though, apparently that's too much food even for a normal person to eat. i guess mia has made me loose that perception of portion control?
2. as soon as i told her "but .. you don't look anorexic. you look skinny but healthy." I WILL NOT CRY, I HAVE ANOTHER CLASS SOON. I WILL NOT CRY, I HAVE ANOTHER CLASS SOON. I WILL NOT CRY, I HAVE ANOTHER CLASS SOON. but gosh did i ever want to.
3. when i looked to her for help after i purged once & i was in pain. she said that the thought of me purging had made her not eat dinner. if my ed is going to help anyone skip dinner it shouldn't be someone else.
4. a hundred other bad comments.
lesson people: really think about if before you tell anyone about your ed.
this brings my grand total of people who know i purge to: two.
i'm the fifth smallest person lucy knows.
not that she's seen or anything, just knows well. but two of them are twins, so does that count as one?
i'll be number one.
the other day me, jay, & a couple other guys were hanging out at lucys.
i ate a bagel with cheese, brownies & TONES of pizza throughout the day. her grandma asked me "what? you been starving over there or something?" at dinner. i didn't really get anything purged.
when we were playing cards & every time i snuck off & said i was out the next hand (lets call him jand) would come calling me to play, WHILE I WAS IN THE WASHROOM. how much more fuck off can i get? i mean to everyone else i must've seemed like i was ON THE TOILET. why on earth would you come bother me? anyways, everyone must've thought i was crazy sick by the end of the evening for being in there so much.
jand was complaining that he "must have an eating disorder or something because he never has an appetite". (plus, he's one of the tallest people i've ever met & the skinniest. like he could just snap or something.) but no, jand you don't. shuddup. then he also went on about how sick he was after eating that much pizza. when i commented that i ate twice as much as him he said "yeah, but you don't have an eating disorder. ;P"
i could've smacked him. it made me so mad. but he's right, i don't look skinny enough to have one.
well maybe i would finally looked like it if he would STOP POUNDING ON THE DOOR WHILE I'M TRYING TO PURGE.
so i had a little mantra of i i will not eat. i will not eat. i will not eat. i will not eat. i will not eat. but then i woke up the next morning & had 1700 calorie BREAKFAST & purged most of it up.
i would like a fasting partner. i know i've let you guys down before but i really do better when i know i've got support & someone who's doing it with me. it's a new year so can i have another chance?
fast with me!
Teresauras LMAO. you're too sweet!
i have to be off to bed, it's two already & i must get up in four hours to go work on some plays!
dam my production classes schedule!
staystrong & sweetdreams;
page.



Hi there!
ReplyDeleteI've had mia for a long time as well. then i managed to stop mia. gained (even though i "tried" so hard not to eat and stuff). then last may, started running again. started to lose. and as soon as i start to lose weight i get obsessed by it. and by the end of september i got back on mia. D A M N. and it's been 2 weeks now, since i last purged, and honestly, i am soooooo proud of it!! 'cause i could eat as much as you, when i was binging. and then just binge, purge and eat nothing anymore for the rest of the day. and my weight was fluctuating so much. now i eat very small portions, but every 2-3 hours. my weight has been more stable now, but it kinda sucks 'cause i wanna lose weight lol :p but i just think ok, my body needs to adapt and as i am not gaining any weight yet, i can live with it. but in 3 weeks i need to have lost 2-3kgs at least!!!
I just want to say that, i'm sooo happy i quit the purging (& binging!!) and i hope you'll be able to stop it as well!! 'cause it brings you nowhere......
stay strong ;) and don't worry 'bout your friend too much.
Oh girl....get at least one friend who will actually sympathize with you and support you. geez. sorry to hear about the binging. that's so painful. i hate the pain in the stomach that it causes. if you would like my phone number, email me! You can text me whenever you feel like you are on the verge of a binge. I'll be able to be fasting partners with you starting next week or maybe even this weekend. (I'll be back to college home by then) Stay strong until then!
ReplyDelete:(:(:(
ReplyDelete^ That was my expression throughout most of this post.
I totally know what it's like to have people commenting about eating disorders: you don't want any chocolate syrup? you're not anorexic are you? *laughter* plus 40 million more similar situations. Although I've never had anyone tell me they're ana and joke about it, but I can imagine the shitty feeling.
I'm so down for a good ol' fast. Today actually marks the first day of my detox because university = CRAP in my system.
xox
p.s. It is 12:45am, and I sincerely hope you are sleeping ^^, or at least thinking about bed.
I hope your ok and get through it all. I remember the first time someone found out about my eating habits, every little thing they offered me they kept saying do you eat this or is there too many calories, or is it worth giving you this or are you just going to purge it!! Some people are soo horrible so I hope they understand and really do empathize for you!!
ReplyDeleteI used to have a blog awhile ago but now I am on a journey to recovery, to better eating habits so I have created a new blog!! I chose to follow people who have distorted eating as I feel they understand what I am going through a lot better and wont judge me if I have an out of control day =) I would be great if we could support each other =)
“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”
♥ Bree
That meal of the pepper, rice cake, and oatmeal sounds pretty small. That girl sounds like she needs a few lessons in tact.
ReplyDeleteJust kick her.
<3