Wednesday, March 17, 2010

fairytale.

Once upon a time, there was a girl, part of her name was page, & she liked that part best.
Page kept somewhat of a diary, different books, journals, & pieces of paper, all compiled into a record of her life. She updated her future self on changes & events she might forget, writing every other week or so. 
One day she stopped writing, 
that was about the time she became severely depressed.
the following is some of the last passage she wrote. 

 "A lot has changed since i wrote last. I'm going into grade eight, & am horrifyingly scared because we find out what class we're in on the first day so I have no time to bond with people in my class. 
--
  I'm not nearly as popular as i was in ____, but i have some new friends too. Like .. 
--
 I'm getting pretty big so i want to do crunches. I can't do one. I want to take ballet but i've got to loose a few pounds first. -- let me go weight myself -- I'm 110 lbs! That's bacicaly all fat, no musle. no boob fat, all legs & stomich. oh crap, my face is all covered in black-heads & pimples. "
the end.

Future Page has no recollection of these feelings or thoughts. (She cannot remember anything before depression, & can barley remember anything during.) She hadn't realized until today that she had felt badly about her body at this point, couldn't remember it'd happened so soon. Didn't even know that Page had known what a crunch was, let alone what exercise was. Page topped out at about 113 lbs the summer afterward, that's where the memory comes back.
I guess that's why this was written in the first place, to tell Future(present) Page what had happened.







stay strong,
page.

2 comments:

  1. She whispers to you does she
    In lonely crowds
    And wasted time
    Of a way you can't remember
    Before you changed your mind
    -love you Page .BlAnCh

    ReplyDelete

comments?